The first Google Panda update of the year is here, with version #24 being rolled out yesterday. The refresh will impact 1.2% of English based queries, according to Google.
A few weeks ago I provided a few tips on how to prevent your site from being affected by the Panda. In addition, here are a few things to check your site for that could make it vulnerable:
- Having very little unique, high-quality content
- Few or no quality inbound links to your page or site
- Low visit times
- A lot of duplicate content. This can apply to individual pages, to your entire site, or both.
- A high bounce rate
- A high percentage of pages with low unique content
- A high percentage or boilerplate content
- Lots of irrelevant ads
- A lot of unnatural use of a word on a page