In a new video Matt Cutts, the head of search spam over at Google, talks about the top five SEO mistakes that webmasters most commonly make.
While he says that the following are not the most devastating mistakes, they are the ones that he sees pop up the most often:
1. The most common mistake is not having a website or having a website that Google cannot crawl.
2. Not including the right words on your site. Do not just write “Mt. Everest Height,” he says. Instead, write, “How high is Mt. Everest?” because that’s how people search.
3. Don’t think about link building. Instead, focus on writing compelling content and marketing.
4. Don’t forget to think about the title and description of your most important pages. They matter!
5. Not using webmaster resources and learning about how Google works and what SEO is about.
Check out the full video of Matt Cutts here:
The 5 Most Common SEO Mistakes According to Matt Cutts by Casey Kurlander