Mobile SEO is just as important as improving the quantity and quality of traffic to a website from search engines on desktops. Mobile search optimization is improving traffic for users on mobile search queries. The two strategies may have two totally different audiences. With this said, many companies are making mobile SEO a priority in their marketing schemes.
With 46% of cell phone owners currently using smartphones, companies and agencies must make mobile SEO a priority. A majority of these users are searching for information that they need on a daily basis. There are different desires and prospects for mobile sites than a desktop site. Therefore, they both cannot be treated the same.
Here are some tips for getting the most out of your mobile search engine optimization:
- Give a mobile sitemap to search engines to create a more convenient digital environment for SEO practices. This will make it more visible in mobile search because it has been made to fit mobile usage.
- To be optimized for mobile SEO, sites need to be strictly made for mobile. Sometimes a desktop site can contain too much. It is important to understand that people using mobile searches will act on what they discover. Therefore, the simpler the site is to use, the more likely users will be to return. As scary as it is, a lot of mobile user search while they are in the car or doing other things. They want their searches to be quicker than it would be on a desktop.
- Images and menu bars need to be created for mobile websites. Along with desktop sites, they must include keywords as well. These keywords must be written to be optimized for queries that mobile users search.
- The mobile device is made to be convenient for almost everything a person needs to do on a daily basis. Websites need to be easily accessible and easy to click through. Many websites are now easily accessed as an application. Many times when a website is clicked on through a mobile device, it offers an application download for easier access. The website that is attached with the application must be high quality and be able to retain customers’ attention to keep coming back.
- Mobile SEO takes a lot of patience and work. The world, especially with technology like the smartphone, is changing every day and you must keep up with it.
The key to mobile SEO, along with design and content, is to make the search process simple and make it easy to make purchases. Like desktop SEO, it is important to know your consumers. 32% of consumers say they use mobile search more than they use search engines on the computer, and this number will only continue to grow.Tips For Better Mobile SEO by Casey Kurlander